KLGates's blog

Emmanuel Church 150th


As part of the Emmanuel Church 150th Anniversary celebrations, Brook Hill was made available for a house and grounds tour on Saturday, April 17th, 2010. Over two hundred people came.

John Stewart, of Brook Hill, donated the land, the funds to build the church, and supported the minister with the help of his brother Daniel Kerr Stewart. The Right Reverend John Johns consecrated and named the Gothic Revival style church Emmanuel, God With Us, on July 6, 1860.

Author C D B Bryan dies

Our beloved cousin Courtland Dixon Barnes Bryan, son of Joseph Bryan III, died after a long battle with cancer on 15 December 2009. Some of his ashes will be buried at Brook Hill in the summer of 2010.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - KLGates's blog