Emmanuel Church 150th

Emmanuel Church 150th


As part of the Emmanuel Church 150th Anniversary celebrations, Brook Hill was made available for a house and grounds tour on Saturday, April 17th, 2010. Over two hundred people came.

John Stewart, of Brook Hill, donated the land, the funds to build the church, and supported the minister with the help of his brother Daniel Kerr Stewart. The Right Reverend John Johns consecrated and named the Gothic Revival style church Emmanuel, God With Us, on July 6, 1860.